Gurbani Competition 2021
FAQ for Gurbani Contest are below:
Qs 1: Does language (Punjabi or English) matters ?
Ans: No bias in SCORING/JUDGING for the choice of language, however winners may be given special prize if they have spoken in Punjabi.
Qs 2: Does it matter if I use my notes during the speech ?
Ans: There is no penalty points for using notes or no bonus points for memorized contents, however keep in mind if you are referring your notes during the speech you could be inadvertently impacting other areas where you are judged, ex. : expressions, confidence, delivery, timings etc.
Qs 3: What am I expected to deliver in the speech ? Pauri’s Meaning or The Message ?
Ans: Judges are looking for THE MESSAGE in general or for you in particular that Guru Sahib conveying to us in that Pauri. Judges are not looking for the meaning or teeka as the primary content of your speech.
Qs 4: What is the meaning of implementation score ?
Ans: Judges are looking that how would you implement or apply the message in the given puari in your daily life.
Qs 5: What do i do if I forget gurbani pauri while reading ?
Ans: No worry! If you forget the paurhi while reading. You can restart from the beginning and finish it without any penalty.
Registration for 2021-2022 year is now closed
The registraion for 2021-2022 year has now closed. Please check back again in January when we might be able to take more students
2021-2022 class list is now published
The class placements for 2021-2022 can be checked by clicking on the following links
Punbaji/Gurbani class list:
Keertan class list:
Information on new session starting September 12, 2021
We are excited to have you back for our fall session starting this Sunday 9/12/2021. Our sewadars are working hard in the background preparing to start the classes. Here is an update on current progress as of 9/10/21
1. All 374 students that have registered as on 08th Sept until 8pm PST have been assigned classes. Class list is published and can be seen at: 2021 Class List
2. School will start at 1pm on Sunday
3. By default we have moved students to the next level with few exceptions as requested by parents
4. We had planned to start school in-person for some of the classes. Unfortunately due to the increase in Covid cases, school will be completely online till it is safe to start in-person classes.
5. We had planned for Baalvardi and Kinder classes this year. These were expected to be in-person classes and are being cancelled. If you child was born after 8/31/2016 we have no mechanism to actively engage him/her and be refunding your registration fees
6. Some parents were unable to pick up books last weekend. You may pick up the books next Sunday 9/12/2021 between 10am and 1pm
7. For students that are outside of the San Francisco Bay Area, the books are being mailed to you as per the mailing address from last year or using the address modifications that you have conveyed to us. Do not worry if you do not get the books before Sunday. You will not need these for the class on Sunday 09/12. We will definitely get them to you before 09/19/2021
8. As teachers are assigned, zoom sessions for students will be announced and mailed out by Saturday. Please looked for emails from teachers. Keep an eye on your spam mail also.
9. The first day of school will be an orientation. Details will be announced on what to expect.
If you registered (and got payment confirmation) after 8pm PST yesterday 9/8/2021, please do not worry, your student will be assigned a class next week. We will plan for an orientation session for you sometime in the coming week
We are getting a lot of emails. Please be patient as we respond to your emails.